Purpose: To provide regional representation for members, so that there is communication between the Board of Directors of NAPHA and its members. To provide support and assistance to the Board of Directors as it provides the leadership for NAPHA.
Membership: Membership “shall consist of elected representatives for the various regions established by NAPHA. In addition, the Presidents of Regional Clubs (as defined by Article 8) whose membership exceeds the minimum number of voting members to be determined by the Board of Directors (currently 10) will be non-voting members of the Regional Council. The members of the Board of Directors will be ex-officio members of the Regional Council.” (As defined by the North American Peruvian Horse Association bylaws, Article 5.6):
(1) “Recommend the location and date of the National show for approval by the Board of Directors.
(2) Recommend the judge(s) for the National show for approval by the Board of Directors and/or oversee the elections for such judge(s).
(3) Nominate Committee Chairpersons and Committee Members to the Board of directors for approval.
(4) Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on proposed bylaw amendments.
(5) Recommend show rules and judging criteria for approval by the Board of Directors.
(6) If properly submitted in writing, a majority of the Regional Council may require an item be placed on the agenda of the Board of Directors meeting.” (As defined by the North American Peruvian Horse Association bylaws, Article 5.7):